What are your office hours?
Monday – Wednesday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Tuesday – Thursday 8 a.m.-12 p.m, 1 p.m.-5 p.m.
We stop processing motor vehicle transactions at 4:30 p.m. Drivers’ licenses can be done Tuesday through Friday until 4 p.m.
How can we contact you?
Address: PO Box 488, 206 S. 4th, Leoti, Kansas 67861
Office Phone: 620-375-2715
Fax Number: 620-375-4350
What forms of payment do you accept?
Cash, check, credit card ( There is a 2.5% fee for using a credit card.)
What do I need to bring to title a vehicle?
First time to tag
- Bill of sale or purchase price on title or sales tax receipt
- Proof of Insurance
- Odometer reading
- If it is an out-of-state title, we need an Motor Vehicle Examination (MVE) from the sheriff or highway patrol.
- If you are transferring a tag we need the old registration.
Moving from another state
- Motor Vehicle Examination (MVE) from the sheriff or highway patrol.
- Proof of insurance
How much will it cost to tag my vehicle?
The following formula will give you an estimate.
- SUV/Pickup: $49.00
- Cars: $39.00
- Motorcycle: $29.00
plus Property Tax: Estimate at https://mvs.dmv.kdor.ks.gov/vehiclepropertytaxlookup/
plus Title Fee: $20.50
plus applicable sales tax
- 8.15% times price of the vehicle (unless paid at the dealer)
What do I need to bring to get a refund?
Current Owners’ Registration
Social Security Number or Personal Vehicle ID Number or Federal ID Number for business
Where can I find vehicle forms?
Where do I get a 2290 Form?
Where can I find more information about my vehicle?
How much does a drivers’ license cost?
What are the teen driving rules?
When are property taxes due?
First half – December 20th
Second half – May 10th
Can I pay my taxes by credit card over the phone?
Yes, as long as you call within our listed hours of operation.